Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Which insurances do you accept?
- We accept reimbursement from most major insurance companies; just call our office and we can verify your coverage prior to your appointment.
Q: What if I don’t have insurance?
- We are happy to work with you to make financial arrangements if you do not have insurance coverage.
Q: What do I do if I have an emergency?
- We are always available for our patients. We leave an emergency phone number on our voicemail message for any patient with a dental emergency outside of our regular office hours.
Q: What if I have a dental emergency and I have never been to the office before?
- We accept new patients, and are happy to see you in the case of a dental emergency, even if it is your first visit to Moreland Neighborhood Dental.
Q: When should I bring my child in for the first time?
- In the absence of trauma or other suspected problems, we find that children between the ages of three and four years old respond well to an initial examination. We typically recommend that a child visits us first at the hygiene appointment of a parent or sibling so that the child can observe the cleaning process. We may then invite the child to sit in the chair and gauge his/her reaction to this interaction with the care provider. If she responds well, the child is scheduled for her own hygiene visit complete with a thorough exam, any recommended xrays, prescriptions, and home care instructions. Of course a visit to the treasure box caps off the visit!