October 9th, 2020
The health of our patients and team members is our top priority. Below is a list of some of the additional equipment and protocols we are utilizing to help keep everyone healthy:
- We are asking that anyone who has had a fever or any feeling of being unwell in the past 48 hours to reschedule their appointment; our team understands to not come to work if they are feeling unwell.
- Installed top of the line HEPA filtration system that filters air thoughout the entire office.
- Utilizing the most current and highest rated intraoral suction devices to significantly mitigate aerosol production.
- Utilizing extraoral suction units to scavenge any remaining aerosols as a second line of defense to back up the intraoral suction devices.
- Team members are wearing additional PPE (personal protective equipment) including a face mask at all times, and a face shield, gown, and gloves when applicable.
- Implemented enhanced and more frequent sanitization of the office, including increased frequency.
- Our waiting area is closed. Upon arrival, patients are being asked to call our office from outside the building before being invited inside.
- Face coverings are required.
- We are taking temperatures of anyone who enters our building.
- Upon arrival, we ask that everyone apply hand sanitizer or wash their hands.
- Only the person who has an appointment is allowed into the treatment room unless the patient requires a caregiver.
Thank you in advance for your cooperation, we truly appreciate it. We understand that this new way of interacting with each other will take some getting used to, and we believe that in the interest of health and safety, it’s the right thing to do. You can rest assured that behind the masks and face shields, our smiles are still there for you!
Be well, eat healthy foods, stay hydrated, get plenty of rest, and remember to floss!
Matthew Hicks, DMD and your Moreland Neighborhood Dental Team