WHAT ARE DENTAL IMPLANTS?
Dental Implants Are A Permanent Solution For Tooth Loss
What Are Dental Implants?
Dental implants are a replacement of tooth roots. Implants provide a strong foundation for replacement teeth that are customized to match your natural teeth without affecting your neighboring teeth.
With the help of dental implants, we can fully remedy toothlessness and thus strongly improve chewing and speaking abilities as well as restore a beautiful smile. Implants can also serve as carriers of a fixed dental bridge or denture. We are happy to work closely with oral surgeons such as Dr Rehrer (featured in the video below), to provide you with the highest quality implants and implant crowns available.
What Are The Advantages Of Dental Implants?
There are many advantages to dental implants, including:
- Improved appearance. Dental implants look and feel like your own teeth. And because they are designed to fuse with bone, they become permanent.
- Improved speech. Missing teeth may alter your speech. Implants provide a permanent, natural looking solution to areas affected by tooth loss.
- Improved comfort. Because they become part of you, implants eliminate the discomfort of removable appliances such as partials or dentures.
- Easier eating. Dental implants function like your own teeth, allowing you to eat your favorite foods with confidence and without pain.
- Improved self-esteem. Dental implants can give you back your smile and help you feel better about yourself.
- Improved Oral Health. Dental implants don't require reducing other teeth, as a tooth-supported bridge does. Because nearby teeth are not altered to support the implant, more of your own teeth are left intact, improving long-term oral health. Individual implants also allow easier access between teeth, improving oral hygiene and improving bone health.
- Durability. Implants are very durable and with good care, implants can last a lifetime.
At Moreland Neighborhood Dental are proud to be members of the Association of Implant and Reconstructive Dentistry (ASIRD), an organization dedicated to educating consumers of the value of a specially trained surgeon and dentist team.
If you are looking for a great dentist in Portland OR that is very educated in the process of placing and restoring dental implants, please reach out to us. We are accepting new patients and are here to help.
Call our office today at (503) 235-7000 or just stop by! We are conveniently located in the Sellwood/Moreland Neighborhood of SE Portland.